The time has finally come for tough decisions. You see, I knew the day would eventually arrive for my hubby and I to have some alone time. I don't mean a movie or dinner date. I'm talking about a vacation!
The plan was to wait a few years before jetting off to the Caribbean or some other romantic location. But recent events have forced us to reevaluate our plans. I found out that I won a three day spa trip for two at Vdara Spa in Las Vegas. The rules stated that I had up to a year to book the trip. I was excited and apprehensive at the same time. Do we take Princess with us, or do we leave her behind?
If we bring her along, how in the world would we able to relax? They don't call it a vacation for nothing! I look forward to a mommy and daughter spa retreat one day. But, that day is about 15 years away. Taking her now would obviously out of the question. The only option- have her stay with Grandma!
However, it's not as easy as you think. I no longer pump my breast milk, but I do still nurse. In fact, Princess looks forward to nuzzling up to mommy boobies every night. If she doesn't get her nightly fix, then there will be consequences to pay. It's bad enough that she has a hard time sleeping through the night. It's worse when you take away the one thing that soothes her back to sleep. In order to solve this dilemma, I will put the following plan into motion before our trip:
1. Rather than spend half the night in her bed, I'll work my way back into mine full time.
2. She'll be spending more time at Grandma's house on the weekends.
3. Princess has never spent the night anywhere else, but it's time to give that a try too. I'll also have her spend a few nights at Grandma's.
4. We'll have all of her favorite snacks, toys, and other essentials handy. It's not exactly the same as our home, but it'll be close enough.
5. She's been doing ok with regular milk. Even though it won't be the same as laying next to mommy, I'll pump a few bottles in case of an emergency.
6. Face time! Since we won't be there in the flesh, at least we can't see and chat via phone!
I only have until Spring! This is all I've got so far. If you got any other ideas, please send them my way. Have you ever gone on vacay and left your kiddies behind?
Weather Anchor Mama