Follow Up to Toxic Sippy Cups
You may remember a post that I did, "Can Sippy Cups Be Toxic?" After following up with another pediatrician, I found out it can be.
Princess's doctor said that it's mold! Even though, you may wash you kiddos sippy cups often, fungus could still build up due to left over moisture. It's always a good idea to remove the valve from the lid when washing the container. But, make sure it's completely dry afterwards. Otherwise mold will form.
She did assure me that if swallowed, the enzymes in a baby's stomach will destroy it. So the odds of becoming sick from the mold would be pretty slim (unless your little one has a sensitive tummy, or if he/she ingests it over long periods).
She also said it's a great idea to toss the sippy cup after a few months, just to be on the safe side. Hope you find this info helpful!
Weather Anchor Mama